- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Ancestral File (TM) (July 1996 (c), data as of 2 January 1996).
- Imported GEDCOM file (Ancestral File, 1996 edition).
- Ancestral File, 8/93 edition: Copied January, 1994.
- Moriarty, Andrews., Moriarty, Andrews: Text published in National Genealogical Quarterly, Vol 22 (1945) saved as C:\MYFILES\GARDINER\BENONI (MORIARTY).WPD.
- Genealogies of Rhode Island Families From Rhode Island Perodicals. Volume 1 (Baltimore, Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 1983). An extensive history of this individual's sometimes scandalous life is covered in pp 599-607. It appears that there is considerable doubt whether Herodias and George Gardiner ever actually married despite the fact that she bore him 6 or 7 children. On page 603, his response to her petition for a separation states that "he cannot say that ever hee went on purpose before any magistrate to declare themselves, or to take each other as man and wife, or to have their aprobation as to the premesis". That she was married to John Hicks, and later to John Porter is documented.
- John Osborne Austin, The Genealogical Dictionary of Rhode Island (Albany, N.Y., Joel Munsell's Sons, 1887), p.81.